Skin care feels like the bane of my existence most of the time. I had decent skin until I hit my 20’s, and then I began to deal with adult acne. Which, seems so unfair because at that point, after the teen years, you feel like you’re in the clear, and then one day: BOOM! Now you have acne to deal with. Bah! I’ll be the first to admit, though, that I continuously slept in my make-up, despite my mother’s warnings, until I was 25. That’s when I decided I should really focus on my skin care and actually get this under control. I went a little crazy- Sephora became my new best friend and worst enemy (as in, I tried nearly every product in the store and most would agitate my skin even more.)
Then, finally, one day a sales consultant told me something I really needed to know: less is more. Put down the 30% glycolic acid pads and use a natural based cleanser for sensitive skin. Choose a single moisturizer over 15 different kinds for different days the week. Keep it simple and your skin will eventually calm down. I needed to know this: I’ve always wanted to have skin like a Goddess.
Now my process is much easier, cheaper and more refined and I can choose to put my money towards the items that are worth it, rather than every item I see.
Eight Tips To Better Skin:
- Water, water, water: This should be number one. Allow the water to flush out the toxins and illuminate your skin from within.
- Keep it simple: Choose quality products for sensitive skin and don’t go overboard like I did!
- Exfoliate: Scrub away those dead skin cells that give your face texture at least two times a week, and watch your face glow.
- Choose a weekly mask: Every Sunday, I love to treat myself to a spa night with a mask. I choose the mask based on my skins needs that day. Clay if it’s oily, and a gel or cream mask if I need moisture.
- Steam: This is another ritual I do weekly, if I have the time. Fill a bowl with boiling water, and add a few drops of tea tree & lavender oil. Cover your head with a towel and lean over the bowl for 10 minutes. This allows the pores to open, and afterwards wash your face and deeply moisturize.
- Moisturize: Never forget the step! Even if you have oily skin, your skin needs moisture to keep it’s balance. Choose a simple but hydrating lotion.
- Eye Cream: It’s literally never too early for this step. Keep your eyes moisturized buy using a light eye cream, using the ring finger to tap the cream into the sensitive skin.
- Mist with Rose Water: This is such an easy step, but so soothing for irritated skin. Rose water calms irritation, so if you’ve recently given yourself a facial, spritze rose water on your face before you moisturize.
I’ve recently added a new product to my routine: Athanasia Goddess Elixir Drops . These drops are a handmade, generations old secret recipe from the owner of the product, Sia. “The ultimate youth glow elixir created from the finest, most effective combination of pure, natural oils of a reconstituted, secret family recipe dating back to ancient times, and revered as ‘Golden Tears’ of the Gods and Goddesses. Use alone or boost your moisturizer an energized, glowing complexion.” It’s a combination of oils and herbs which soothe the skin, and I particularly appreciate it’s hydrating qualities. I’ve been using it daily under my eyes, on my face before I moisturize and also on my arms, legs, and chest for all over moisture. I love the silky smoothness of my skin when I use these drops, and the product absorbs quickly, leaving behind softness rather than greasiness. I love this little history from the owner:
“There is a reason why an exceptionally beautiful woman is called a “Greek Goddess.”
The ultimate compliment to a man is to be called an “Adonis”
The origin of these legendary ingredients have existed for thousands of years. Through the ages, people have searched for the “fountain of youth”
as the way to stay young forever.
Fortunately, thousand of years later these rituals and secrets have made their way into our world of beauty in your hands today with the AthanaSia skincare line derived from the essence of the same ingredients they applied daily and rituals performed by the immortals themselves. Ancient Greece, dating back to 500 bc where the Gods and goddess were created. The Greeks were big lovers of physical beauty. They were in tune with the body’s natural aging process, thus they were always seeking ways to sustain their alluring appearance.
The philosophy of beauty is recognized within many different cultures, the various rituals and standards vary from one culture to another, yet is the same goal to behold of that pure glowing radiance. There were many cultures who immersed themselves in the realm of beauty. Now introducing to the world AthanaSia Glow Skincare.
Aphrodite, the Olympian Greek goddess of love and beauty, caries a quintessential Beauty ideal among woman. This goddess symbolized true femininity and grace, which influenced the Greeks and their prestigious ancient beauty rituals.
Goddess Hera cleared all from her desirable body with ambrosia, then drenched her body with olive and immortal oil, pleasant scents, and
they said to Hera: “If you dangle this oil above the palace of Zeus, the smell of it would reach the earth and heaven.”
The woman used honey and olive oil as part of their mixtures to keep their complexion smooth, glowing, radiant and youthful.
Woman anointed themselves in olive oil to protect their skin from the sun, aging, and to have achieved the ultimate glow of all glows. An achieved, adorned glow only known to come from the legendary Gods and Goddesses.
They collected various leaves of plants and dried them to infuse baths and as part of their rituals of bathing and soaking and smoothing on lotions to radiate youth.
Aphrodite called the rose “the Queen of all flowers”
Containing potent beauty properties she used rose petals and oil in baths and daily surrounded herself with beauty.
Infused with Rose Quartz, which is the stone of Beauty and Love, is part of the bottling and steeping of my products! Rose Quartz helps to promote a softer complexion, clear skin and helps to reduce wrinkles.
With its healing and high vibrational properties, it adds an extra magic effect to conclude this combination of this perfection.”
And who doesn’t want skin like a Goddess?